Highlighted

Adobe InDesign 2020 (15.1.2) crashing when Type tool is used on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/6RSw00BX3mc

My adobe indesign is always crashing when I use the type tool. I am running the latest adobe creative cloud version, latest indesign version and latest mac version, Mac OS catalina 10.15.6. I have tried previous versions of indesign and this issue still remains. There is another post wirth the similar issue over at https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-cc-crashes-lauch-text-tool/td-p/5179017?page=1

But the solution provided has a download link that brings me to the adobe homepage rather than a download page, which is very silly.

In the above linked youtube video, you can see a recording of the problem I am encountering.

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe induing keeps crashing when I use the text tool

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This has been reported by a few other users on macOS Mojave as well and we're currently investigating it. I would like to know if the steps suggested above help resolving the issue? If not, please post this issue on our UserVoice page and share the link here. 

This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this issue and other users can also upvote it.

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe InDesign 2020 (15.1.2) crashing when Type tool is used on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/6RSw00BX3mc

My adobe indesign is always crashing when I use the type tool. I am running the latest adobe creative cloud version, latest indesign version and latest mac version, Mac OS catalina 10.15.6. I have tried previous versions of indesign and this issue still remains. There is another post wirth the similar issue over at https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-cc-crashes-lauch-text-tool/td-p/5179017?page=1

But the solution provided has a download link that brings me to the adobe homepage rather than a download page, which is very silly.

In the above linked youtube video, you can see a recording of the problem I am encountering.

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe induing keeps crashing when I use the text tool

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This has been reported by a few other users on macOS Mojave as well and we're currently investigating it. I would like to know if the steps suggested above help resolving the issue? If not, please post this issue on our UserVoice page and share the link here. 

This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this issue and other users can also upvote it.

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Same crash happens when I try to use the rectangle  tool. Therefore, the problem is not limited to the type tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your InDesign preferences:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialog appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I have tried doing that and deleted InDesign Preference Files but the problem still persists.

Also, Photoshop also has the same problems for me. It crashes when I open a new project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Photoshop crashes on startup as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you unistall InDesign, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall it again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've done as you said. But the problem still persists. I thought of trying Adobe CC2019 because that was what working for me. But I can no longer install that version in creative cloud 2020. I tried googling for the installation files, but it seems adobe does not host it anymore. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0