• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign 2020 hangs constantly on Mac OS

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac Pro 5,1 with Mojave. I am running Adobe CC with InDesign 2020, and the other applications are not experiencing issues. In InDesign, I get a beach ball about every 5 mnutes that locks up the app. I have to go do something else. I have, in no particular order: 

1.) De-installed and re-installed the app using the CC interface

2.) Deleted preferences several times

3.) Turned off GPU acceleration

4.) Deleted preferences dozens of times

5.) Restarted many times

6.) Safe Boot Restart

7.) Scanned for viruses

I'm open to suggestions for other options please. This is a new hard drive with a fresh copy of Mojave; while it's an old computer, I just reformatted and just set up CC. This is the first time attempting to use Adobe CC, so there's no history with this OS and system. I do have a number of 3rd party applications that I have installed on the boot drive. 

This is driving me insane. Thank you. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

We're extremely sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. There could be multiple reasons why this would happen. As Derek mentioned, it could be related to the hardware of the machine. Before we start any troubleshooting, please make sure that the system meets all the minimum requirements (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/system-requirements.html).

If everything looks fine, please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of InDesign
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link.
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012) and check how application works there.

We’re here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

It's a Mac Pro 5,1 with 64 GB of RAM; it's Adobe CC InDesign 2020. It's not related to a specifics document; it happens to any document I used in inDesign. I'm saving to my local SSD boot drive. 

I just set up this 2010-vintage computer with a new SSD boot drive and Mac OS Mojave. I updated to the latest version of Mojave before posting. 

I'll try the root user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently experienced a similar experience on an iMac which, since at present I am working from home (as so many are during the current situation) had been incredibly vexing. However, I recently found a solution that has restored my InDesign to full speed. The problem is I did two things at the same time so I am not sure which one actually cured the problem. The first thing I did was to uninstall the virus protection that I had been using for years (Avast—the free version). This app had always been pretty passive allowing me to run virus scans only when I wanted to. It had now become incredibly invasive—popping up when I least expected it and actually installing updates while I was trying to work. Even after I turned off automatic updates it still persisted with popups telling me that I needed to update. The second thing I did was to reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app. After doing both of these actions my InDesign felt like it had been reborn.

My money is on the virus protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed Avast, reinstalled the Creative Cloud desktop app, but I'm still getting beach balling. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So do I…

2 iMac 5k (2017 & 2019, 16 Gb Ram, SSD, i9 or i7, CC 2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac Pro 5,1 with 64 GB RAM and Mojave 10.14.6. It isn't related to a specific document; it happens across many documents. The files are saved on my boot drive. I just installed a new SSD and installed Mojave as a new OS, so this is the first time using CC on this configuration, as I said. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably you've tried using the Adobe Cleaner after unisntalling InDesign via the Creative Cloud app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know Adobe Cleaner existed. I will give that a try. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines