Adobe InDesign 2020 HUGE media panel

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after running in a while on the new Adobe 2020 app, I noticed that the Media panel started to grow in size each time I opened the tab. Before I could notice, the Media panel was absolutely huge.

I tried to:

- Reset the workplace

- Reset the UI scalling

- Uninstall and Install again InDesign 2020

- Restart PC

Nothing has worked.

The only solution that seems to work as of right now is to downgrade to 2019, but the document I was working on needs to be converted...Hope I do not lose anything...

Do you guys know how to fix this with proper InDesign 2020? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe InDesign 2020 HUGE media panel

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after running in a while on the new Adobe 2020 app, I noticed that the Media panel started to grow in size each time I opened the tab. Before I could notice, the Media panel was absolutely huge.

I tried to:

- Reset the workplace

- Reset the UI scalling

- Uninstall and Install again InDesign 2020

- Restart PC

Nothing has worked.

The only solution that seems to work as of right now is to downgrade to 2019, but the document I was working on needs to be converted...Hope I do not lose anything...

Do you guys know how to fix this with proper InDesign 2020? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you should report this as a 2020 bug, here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your InDesign preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

• (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  • (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2019 2
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When uninstalling the program I checked the option "Remove all preferences", but it didn't do anything. Ill try to do what you are saying when I finish the work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it for me. Thanks!
Incredible that they haven't fix it yet. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with media panel in InDesign 2020.

After updating InDesign to 15.0.1 the problem was gone.

So far so good 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me too and I have the latest version installed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue indeed. On Windows system . Reinstalled  15.01. - no improvement.  The panel complete blows up and is unusable. 

Seems like a bug indeed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying reinstalling the progeam  multiple times - even  answering Yes when asked to remove preferences  -

the only thing that solved my issue for now...was after reinstalling ...and opening indesign double confirm to remove preferenced via the Shift+Ctrl+Alt.: 

(Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.. so again confirm to remove preferences. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon.

I had the same problem. It is resolved by eliminating preferences. As Michael Bullo says.
When starting ID press CTRl + ALT + SHIFT.

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2020 0