Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign CC 2015 has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Our designer has been using ID 2014 for a while now, no problems, but yesterday after the installation of ID2015, she can now no longer open ID.

When started, the initial load screen appears... then the dreaded "A ID CC2015 has stopped working".

Have tried the suggestions of trashing the preferences files... reinstalling...rebooting etc.

The windows event viewer is pointing towards the MSVCR120.dll (which i had read on other forums is updated/installed as part of Windows 7 SP1??)

Adobe,

Do have a time frame when this serious issue is to be addressed.

With thanks

🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Also, check to see if it will run in a new Windows User account.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Here is a link to the knowledge base article that Adobe posted with options on resolving the issue with the .dll file.  See: Error: "Missing msvcp110.dll file"

Hoping that will be of help. Let us know how you go.

Cari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cari,

Thank you for that information.

Unfortunately it did not resolve the issue.

I have even downloaded/upgraded ID2015 as of a new release by Adobe a few days.

But the problem still remains.

ADOBE.

Please can you fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have any non-Adobe plugins installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, check to see if it will run in a new Windows User account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

There are no plugins that i can see.

I even tried starting using the keyboard combination to not load plugins.. but alas the issue remains.

BUT

Logging in as a NEW user on the same machine... then the issue is RESOLVED 🙂

It would seem that the users profile is somehow knackered (in terms of ID2015).....

I dont suppose there is any easy fix ... apart from recreating the users profile again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Replace Your Preferences  for path information for the hidden folders that contain the prefs. Most likely the permissions on the primary user were not set correctly during install, so try deleting the two folders of Version 11.0 and restart ID. If it still won't launch, then try copying the two folders from the new account (copy the entire folder, not just the content).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I will give that a go.. and report back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! I was having the same exact issue on my Windows 7 laptop with InDesgn CC 2015 pretending to open and then getting the prompt " InDesign stopped working" and then getting the prompt that Windows is finding a solution (which it doesn't) and then closes the program down.

Instead of deleting the Version 11.0 folder I cut and pasted it to the desktop (to be safe first) and then tried launching InDesign which worked! (I just trashed the old Version 11.0 after InDesign opened properly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Adobe and delete folder indesign and reopen indesign. it's will be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect... As soon as I had done this ID was working as normal.

Thanks Chunaweb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me, many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you chuanweb​!!!! I drove our IT guy here crazy with that issue, but after reading your post,I was able to solve the issue!! MANY THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at a school and there are many user accounts, none called admin. Would this need to be done on each user's account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank u so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem too. Any ideas would be helpful. Have a portfolio to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KeithM,

Please start a new thread -- what looks like a similar problem could easily be something different in this case. Tell us the exact version of ID, your OS and any error messages you get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines