• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Indesign Colours are wrong since Mac software update?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my mac did a system update last week and today I have logged into InDesign and it's thrown my colours off completely. Attached is the green that I have pasted from Illustrator and the colour Indesign has changed it too. Please help! Deadline looming. 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use the Insert Photo option so we don't have to download the PNG?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 12.26.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've just added the image using that option. Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s a bug in one of the latest updates that turns off color management—Color Settings gets set to Emulate InDesign CS 2.0 CMS Off.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/color-settings-reverting-to-emulate-adobe-indesign-2-0-cms-o...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Where do I find the below?

Users⁩ ▸ ⁨username ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Preferences⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨Color ▸ ⁨ACEConfigCache2.lst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were your Color Settings set to Emulate InDesign 2.0 ? If so set your Color Settings to the desired CSF and then delete the cache and restart ID—it’s not clear yet whether deleting the cache file is a permanent fix.

On OSX the user Library is hidden by default. If you have left yours hidden, hold down the Option key and choose Library from the Finder’s Go menu:

Screen Shot 22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry but I still can't find this. Where woukd I go if I just open finder first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find the folder that Rob indicated, do the following:

1. With Finder as the active application, type Command + Shift + G, which will open the Go to Folder dialog.
2. Enter the following string in the Go to the folder: field: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst.
Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 3.40.26 PM.png
3. Click on the Go button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, thank you for this. I've done as you've said but it's just opening a whole folder of files. I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean. I've also just opened Illustrator and it popped up with a colour warning too (!) Same issue, colour looked fine in Illustrator but when pasting in to Indesign it shows incorrectly.Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 19.57.29.pngScreenshot 2021-03-20 at 19.54.28.pngScreenshot 2021-03-20 at 19.54.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let anyone else having this problem know, I managed to resolve the issue by changing the colour settings. See this article here: https://medium.com/xcolor/how-to-set-up-working-spaces-in-photoshop-or-indesign-3dea42559d6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be clear, you have to change your Color Settings to something other than Emulate InDesign 2.0 CM Off in InDesign and Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0 in AI, and delete the cache file.

Just sync’ing or changing the Color Settings may not be a permanent fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines