• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign crashes while creating a new document

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I attempt to create a new document (File>New Document), InDesign crashes. I can only proceed by opening an existing file and deleting contents and changing its dimensions. 

Any clues how to fix this?

Thanks!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please make sure you have OS & InDesign updated to the latest version. Please follow instructions on help article to know how to update Adobe apps. Let us know how it goes after the update.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue of crashing whenever I try to create a new document. Updated InDesign to 15.1.1 and have current OS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101) with no change. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign had also been crashing for variois reasons since I updated, but I saw they released a new version (15.1.1) this morning. I'm hoping this fixes those issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.... this seemed to help (at least temporarily)... 

To reset the preferences simply restart InDesign and hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac). After a few seconds you should then get a pop up box that asks if you want to reset the preferences. Personally I find this fixesalmost all my crashing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Wwanda24  thank you so much for taking the time to comment —seems to have worked like a charm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines