• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign Drop Shadow Glitch

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a drop shadow applied to an object or text, when I adjust the size of the text/object the shadow becomes way off. The drop shadow does adjust slightly when I scale text/object, but this is a little extreme. This doesn't appear on exports, but remains during the duration of my work session.  So is this a glitch or a settings problem?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scaling to object in any way seems to trigger this glitch. Toggling back and forth between view modes will correct it but only until the object is moved or scaled again. Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.42.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I hope your issue is resolved already but in case you need more assistance please reply to this thread. 

Else, if the solution above helped, please confirm. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, Jack and Sheena,

this is a well known screen redraw bug: After editing the text the previous text is still showing as drop shadow.

Fortunatelly the updated drop shadow is exported to PDF, PNG, JPEG etc.pp.

Workaround:

Save, close and re-open the document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vote for fixing the bug here:

Drop shadow on typed word. Edit the word, the shadow won't change. Have to turn shadow off then back on again.
jeff, March 24, 2020

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/40008217-drop-shadow-on...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines