Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Indesign ME

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have been trying to launch a Word file with "Arabic" text into Adobe Indesign but it doesn't support it; is there is a way to make Indesign supports Arabic text (Like ME version)?

With thanks,

Jarrah 

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Hi @jarraha57510274 

In the Paragraph panel menu, have you set the Paragraph Composer to "World Ready"?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Once your InDesign is removed from your system, follow the below steps to re-install the Middle Eastern copy of InDesign.

Open Adobe CC desktop application, click on the account button on the top-right corner then choose "Preferences"

step-1.jpg

In the Preferences window, click on the "Apps" in the left pane, to allow you to choose the language: English يدعم العربية

step-2.jpg

Click Done, and now you may install a fresh InDesign with full Arabic support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jarraha57510274 

In the Paragraph panel menu, have you set the Paragraph Composer to "World Ready"?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll tag our MENA expert to chime in with his thoughts: @Zaid Al Hilali 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thankeful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the ME version via the Creative Cloud App.

Click the 3 dots beside InDesign and choose Other Versions

Select the Language from the screen that pops up.

And you can install the ME version of InDesign.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/kb/access-install-hebrew-arabic-indesign-illustrator-CC.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx Eugene for your kind reply,

The languages presented to choose from in the "language" section in the versions bar do not contain Arabic language (ME) version. I checked that before I send the thread here. 

I did as the instructions in the link you sent; I changed the language to English-Arabic support in the preferences. I re-installed InDesign which should be an ME version now; the version I downloaded does not contain the (ME) sign or the (MENA) sign at the entery label. Inside Indesign, again the Arabic font is not supported as I tried to upload a Word file with  anArabic text. 

It seems Adobe-Cloud didn't make ME version in the Cloud botuqie, although Adobe Indesign ME is being sold here in Kuwait as a separate version!

Thanks for your reply 

Jarrah Al-Tubaikh (MD)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I don't know how it works in Kuwait. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try and find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works like everywhere in the world 😄

My point is, Adobe Indesign ME the one used in our country is a different, non-existing version than what is in the Adobe-Cloud as far as I see it 

Jarrah 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is there - there must be something gone wrong. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I used Indesign for a while installing the English (US) version for my Medical files. It works perfectly. 

When I started to look fo rthe ME version for creating Arabic file texts; it is not there. I had the Indesign ME version 6 years back in my desktop before I formatted it; I returned to Indesign only last year through the Cloud. I think I should look for the ME version here in Kuwait.

I am thankeful for your help so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Dr. Jarrah,

I received a notification from @jane-e about this topic.

Can you please Make sure you have the ME Type tool (see illustration)

ME-Type-tool.jpg

I will guide you on next steps - insha' Allah - when you respond back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Mr. Zaid,

Nice to meet you Sir. 

Thanks for your prompt reply; my brother just solved this problem in an unconventional way; after launching the Indesign version that supports Arabic, we uploaded an Arabic text font, it was compsed on a separated letters, then he went to "Type > Paragraph", and he chose from the right-sided list (Adobe World-Ready Single Line Composer), then the text linked together into a readable text! I didn't know how he knew this, but it worked!

As for the (ME Type Tool) that you are showing, it is not appearing in the Indesign type tools; I downloaded the 15.1 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! And that was what I suggested in the very first reply!  😊 I'm glad it's sorted now.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1619372709858.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry I didn't take a notice .. my-bad 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of InDesign you have there doesn't support Arabic fully. If you were going to put together a right-to-let booklet, report, or a long article, you would be better off removing the existing copy of InDesign by going to the InDesign folder in your applications/programs dierctory, and there you will see the "Uninstall Adobe InDesign", launch it, then choose "Remove" InDesign Preferences when prompted.

uninstall.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much; I will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once your InDesign is removed from your system, follow the below steps to re-install the Middle Eastern copy of InDesign.

Open Adobe CC desktop application, click on the account button on the top-right corner then choose "Preferences"

step-1.jpg

In the Preferences window, click on the "Apps" in the left pane, to allow you to choose the language: English يدعم العربية

step-2.jpg

Click Done, and now you may install a fresh InDesign with full Arabic support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines