Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Indesign on OneDrive - problem with missing fonts

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Maybe someone had similar problem and will be able to help me, but first, let me describe whole situation and the problem itself.

I create a .indd file on OneDrive and every time I reopen this file (to simply change something, or add etc.), I loose connection with the fonts. They are in specific folder that is linked to InDesign and if this doesn't work, I install them on the computer, so maybe it could solve the problem, but no... So finally, I create the whole package (with "create package" option in Indd), while working on OneDrive and saving this package on OneDrive and after, when I try to reopen the file, I receive information that some fonts are missing - so none of those options seems to work. What also is weird, that very often happens, that with one opening, I loose for example, futura and calibri font, and with second reopening (without doing any changes, just simple close the program and reopen) I loose different font (while futura and calibri are linked properly). This is very weird... Have somebody met with such problem?

What is more interesting, that I don't have such problem with links to images - once added, they are always linked.

If someone could help me with that, I would be very very thankful!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

what's your version of InDesign and operating system?

How is OneDrive configured? Is option "Files On-Demand" turned on?

Turn it off and try again. I suspect a synching issue with OneDrive.

Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/save-disk-space-with-onedrive-files-on-demand-for-mac-529...

FWIW: With Dropbox a similar feature, SmartSynch, can also give you trouble when working directly with InDesign documents in a Dropbox folder.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the link for Windows users with OneDrive:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/save-disk-space-with-onedrive-files-on-demand-for-windows...

My suggestion: Turn off Files On-Demand when working with InDesign on a OneDrive folder or volume.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Absolutely turn that off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines