Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, iMac crashes

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I bought 6 new iMacs (27'' 5K 2020) in November and installed them without any backup. Our graphics department has 8 iMacs (2 --> iMac 2017; 6 --> new one). All files are strored on an network drive (SMB).

Since then I have big issues: on all 6 clients the Adobe apps or the iMacs itself crashes. The 2 "older" clients are working fine.

It's happening infrequently and it doesn't matter which function or file we are using. Sometimes the apps or iMac crashes when nobody is working (f.e. lunch time).

Crash report is attached.

What is installed on the iMacs:

• MacOS Catalina, because I wasn't sure if Big Sure is working well (latest updates from Catalina)
  • MS Office 2016
  • Adobe CC 2021 (latest updates)
  • Fonts and two scripts
  • McAfee
  • (Domain joined)

Hardware:

• 3.8GHz 8-core 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz
  • 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
  • Radeon Pro 5500 XT with 8GB of GDDR6 memory
  • 512GB SSD storage

What I tried already:

• Apple hardware diagnose --> OK
  • "First Aid" of SSD --> OK
  • Reinstalled Adobe
  • Reinstalled MacOS Catalina
  • Tried original DDR4 memory (4x4GB) and also brand new Crucial memory (2x16GB)
  • Deleted cache and preferneces (~/Library/Caches und ~/Library/Preferences)
  • Local files instead network drive
  • Network drive with AFP and also SMB
  • Another Network drive
  • Deleted font cache
  • Disabled scripts
  • Deleted fonts
  • Tried Adobe 2020 version
  • SRM and NVRAM reset
  • Uninstalled McAfee
  • Disabled com.adobe.AGM
  • Tried Mac Mini (M1) with Big Sure --> was working fine

I'm really don't know what else I can try. Apple and Adobe support said everything is working fine with their system.

Thanks for your help!

BR Hannes

TOPICS
Bug

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. Since you have these issues with the multiple apps, I'd request you to connect with Adobe technical support. Please click o the chat icon at the bottom of this age to begin the conversation. Team here will be able to perform remote troubleshooting on a live session & assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

thanks for your reply. I'm in contact with the Adobe Support Team since December, but the problem still exist. Therefore I'm asking the Adobe community, maybe someone here have the same issue.

Thanks,

Hannes

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines