Highlighted

Adobe InDesign Update to 20201

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work off a network, and in the previous version I have had some issues after updating, for example, if I kept a pdf version selected of my work in the finder window, and I'm trying to save it, it will come up an alert telling me that I can't save that version because it is already open, (on the previous version even if I had it open it will automatically update it (LIVE). In the new 2021 update, if I open a version of my work from the finder window, if I do any editing and save it, my InDesign program will save it in the last work I was working on before, so If I need to save it in the right folder? I need to manually research the path to save it in the folder where it was previously open. (that's a pain in the butt cause sometimes I forgot and then I save it in the wrong folder. Is that happening to everyone who is working on a network?

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe InDesign Update to 20201

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work off a network, and in the previous version I have had some issues after updating, for example, if I kept a pdf version selected of my work in the finder window, and I'm trying to save it, it will come up an alert telling me that I can't save that version because it is already open, (on the previous version even if I had it open it will automatically update it (LIVE). In the new 2021 update, if I open a version of my work from the finder window, if I do any editing and save it, my InDesign program will save it in the last work I was working on before, so If I need to save it in the right folder? I need to manually research the path to save it in the folder where it was previously open. (that's a pain in the butt cause sometimes I forgot and then I save it in the wrong folder. Is that happening to everyone who is working on a network?

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you tell us if you are on PC or MAC? But if you open the file in Indesign and do Save ID save the file with the version you work on. On local HD or in a network.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
rhuertas LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m working in InDesign, on a Mac machine, with the latest version, all up to date, and working off a server.

So, my day of work with InDesign starts like this:

1.- I open a file, (Off any given file folder off the network) then, I start editing,  

2.- After a few minutes of working (because that’s how I work) or even if I just hit command + save, (because I’m in a rush to get things done) and hit enter. (because I think InDesign will recognize the folder where the file it was pull from, (as before I updated my adobe programs to 2021), when I look/search for the file, the file is not in the folder I saved it, and opened from because now InDesign does not recognize the folder from where it was opened. Rather remembers the last folder where I saved the last document that has nothing to do with the new project).

So, now when I’m working I have to take the time to go in in design and look for the folder I opened the file from re-save the file even though there’s a version of that file already created, so it will ask me if I want to replace that document, ( I’m sorry but it is annoying to do things twice in a fast pace environment).

3.- So, to save the file that I have already opened from a server/network, I have to give the hole rot path again to get it save in the right file folder.

4.- Also, after I updated from 2019 to 2020 since then, when I have a pdf file selected in my finder window, and I try to save that file, it will give me an alert telling me that the file is already open. (And this is being going on since almost more than a year).

I Hope I explain my self correctly, but if you guys have any questions please let me know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a known issue that has been acknowledged by Adobe and is being worked upon. To get the latest update on the issue, visit here

Also, while you are the link mentioned above, please do upvote it. The larger the vote count, the higher are the chances of Adobe Engineering staff putting this higher on the priority list.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0