• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe support says don't do updates...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other day I have updated Indesign from 15.0.3 to 15.1, I would say a no-brainer. The result this time,  in none of my "old" docs page numbers are working anymore, instead of that only "SS" is shown (double evil) everywhere on masterpages and doc pages. Delete, recreate, all without effect. But only in old docs, if you start a new one it works fine.

The advice from (nice and friedly!) Adobe support: Always finish projects with the version you started with. A smart advice, especially if you only offer cloud-based software and push out updates every few days... What does that mean in real life? Always write the version you started with on a piece of paper and don't do any updates for months or years?  We had that in CS times, when Indesign CS1 to CS 6 was sitting next to each other on our harddrives to avoid any problems with old docs. Hoped these times were over...

I have now installed the "old" version 15.0.3 from a few days/weeks ago, pages numbers are back again, but now the whole document has fallen apart, looks a bit like it has changed from DIN A4 to US letter and back without moving all elements back again to the right place.

Well done Microsoft, looks like Indesign is now MS.Word-based 😄

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

This was a bug that is fixed in 15.1.1, update to the latest version and then check

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was a bug that is fixed in 15.1.1, update to the latest version and then check

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines