Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After packaging, fonts not available on machine

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working in macOS 10.14.6, all CC apps current, and I use Suitcase Fusion 20.0.6 for font management. I recently created a very simple ID layout for a client, using Helvetica and Helvetica Neue only (their fonts). As I was preparing the final docs for delivery, I packaged everything as usual, including fonts. When I opened the packaged .indd to double check it before transfer, it showed all fonts as missing, "unavailable on your computer". I could see the fonts right there in the document fonts folder, as well as in their original location. I didn't get any errors when packaging. I opened up suitcase, and checked the Duplicate Fonts folder, and there are now dups of Helvetica & Neue, both activated. I deactived the one that was not locked, reopened the file, and all fonts loaded properly, nothing missing.

Then I sent the files to my client. They are experiencing the same problem, none of the fonts are loading, say they are "unavailable". My client has an enterprise CC license (I don't know if that has anything to do with it, unless this is a font license issue?), and doesn't use a font manager, so I can't walk them through the steps I took. And I have no idea what's really going on.

Please help!

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, did you come up with a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Did it happen with a specific file/font?

You may try resetting the preferences of the InDesign once and see if it helps. Please follow the instructions below:

For Windows 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Locations : 
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 
  •  Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from CC. 

For MAC  

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines