• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Align right with centered text above

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a variable card I'm setting up. The persons name will be centered aligned. The title will be directly underneath and right aligns under their name. See sample.

Is there a way to keep the title in this position as the name shrinks or growns in length?

I can achieve this with an auto sizing box and variable width. Problem is when I have a name too big it sizes beyond my trim. If I limit the width then I get overset text. My variable data program will size the text to fit but it doesn't not work correctly when using the auto sizing boxes.example.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

One thing which came to my mind would be to anchor a second text frame with the "Title" after the name and set the anchor to right align it.
And you would have to make sure the anchor mark doesn't get replaced when inserting your data.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-28 um 19.04.42.png

ScreenFlow.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing which came to my mind would be to anchor a second text frame with the "Title" after the name and set the anchor to right align it.
And you would have to make sure the anchor mark doesn't get replaced when inserting your data.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-28 um 19.04.42.png

ScreenFlow.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant! Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines