• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aligning text on bullet and numbered lists

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tring to align the text on bulleted and numbred lists. I've adjusted the left indent and  the first line indent and it never works! So frustrating! Can anyone please tell me how to do this.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

To make a hanging indent, set the first-line indent to the negative of the left indent. For example, if the left indent is .25", make the first line indent -.25"

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 8.23.20 PM.png

If you want the first line of the bullet/number to be to the left of the rest of the paragraph, set it as a tab position, and have the left indent a larger number than the tab. For example, left indent .5", first line indent -.5", tab stop at .25"

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 8.23.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To make a hanging indent, set the first-line indent to the negative of the left indent. For example, if the left indent is .25", make the first line indent -.25"

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 8.23.20 PM.png

If you want the first line of the bullet/number to be to the left of the rest of the paragraph, set it as a tab position, and have the left indent a larger number than the tab. For example, left indent .5", first line indent -.5", tab stop at .25"

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 8.23.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines