Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alignment change when pasting between documents

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm using InDesign with middle east features. (because i need to put some Hebrew in otherwise English documents.) I'm having this new problem -- when I cut and paste between two documents, the alignment changes. ie, left-to-right English text, when pasteed into a new document, is treated like right-to-left ME text (ie not only right aligned, but punctuation happening on the wrong side). I don't get where it's getting the style from. Even if I import all my style sheets for text and objects into the new document, it still does it. Even if I close all documents and set all my default text styles to english...it still happens. Where oh where could it be getting this unwanted right-to-left ME formatting from and how can I get rid of it??

kurt

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

This could happen if your paragraph styles are set as based on [Basic Paragraph]  

In that case, all attributes not changed in the new style take on the values from [Baic Paragraph] in the new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This could happen if your paragraph styles are set as based on [Basic Paragraph]  

In that case, all attributes not changed in the new style take on the values from [Baic Paragraph] in the new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines