• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my documents say they were last opened four days ago, more

Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. All my documents say they were last opened four days ago.
2. Font auto-activation does not work; I checked settings per Extensis and restarted the app.

3. File never opens (beachball). Had to force quit.

Mac 10.14.6
ID 16.2.1

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like several things going on, @Carol F Metzger. 16.2.1 is working fine for me. 

1. When you say "all my documents" are you including an ID file you haven't opened for more than a month, too?
  2. On font auto-activation, do you mean your fonts are not loading into ID? Even Adobe fonts you are subscribed to or only the ones on your local system being delivered through Extensis?
  3. Which file never opens? Any file you try or only the ones that indicate they were opened four days ago?

Any more info you can provide including what troubleshooting you've done so far will help us figure out what might be happening. You may have a corrupt file, you might need to reinstall ID or reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extensis support helped me to get auto-activation working again.  But now only ONE FILE shows up under "Recent." A search of my hard drive shows dozens.

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 9.27.05 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 9.28.26 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carol F Metzger Glad to hear you got your font auto-activation going again! As for your recent files list, from within InDesign, Edit > Open Recent, do your recent files show up as mine do here? Also, under Preferences > File Handling, check your Saving InDesign Files settings. You may need to reset your preferences if you are still having trouble.

JainLemos_0-1626621593396.png

JainLemos_1-1626621797750.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the two from today show in that menu. I did check prefs, and it is set to 20. Looks just like yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and I upgraded to 16.3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, good. As you open more new documents, that list should get populated. Try it by opening and closing a few files you haven't opened in some time. You don't need to make any changes to the files, just open and close the documents. If they don't show up on this list after that, then you do have some type of issue going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines