• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All page content gone from magazine except today's work

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a 120 page magazine, and have been for several months. I went in yesterday and today to add 4 articles, and saved my work after completing each page, and exported each article as a separate PDF (single pages). I typically just work on the next empty page, as the client gives me the official layout/page order at the end. I scrolled back a short while ago to view the previous pages, and all pages except those I did in the last two days are blank. Totally empty. No photos, no logos, no content. The master pages are intact, but the 90+ completed pages are just blank. Is there any chance of getting the content restored? My last backup copy is from too long ago - only covers 40 pages of almost 100. Oh, please tell me there is a way to save this work!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Depending on how that content came to be lost, you could try exporting the file as IDML, and see if the lost content is back in the exported file. No promises, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I agree with SJRiegel's statement. You may follow the instructions given earlier and see if it works out.

Additionally, you may check out this help article to know how you can recover the document.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Might be a little late for this workflow - but I always copy a file to an folder called "Old" then rename the file I am editing to a new version number.

If you're on Windows you might be able to go back through Previous Versions - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17119/windows-7-recover-lost-deleted-files

If you're on Mac - you might have time machine - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on how that content came to be lost, you could try exporting the file as IDML, and see if the lost content is back in the exported file. No promises, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I agree with SJRiegel's statement. You may follow the instructions given earlier and see if it works out.

Additionally, you may check out this help article to know how you can recover the document.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might be a little late for this workflow - but I always copy a file to an folder called "Old" then rename the file I am editing to a new version number.

If you're on Windows you might be able to go back through Previous Versions - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17119/windows-7-recover-lost-deleted-files

If you're on Mac - you might have time machine - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines