• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All swatchess values suddenly changed (corrupted)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all. URGENT PROBLEM. Has anyone experienced automatic redefinition of swatch colors in Indesign. All of my swatches suddenly change their values (for example even Cyan is not [100,0,0,0] anymore), and it looks like as the color system has been changed to RGB and then back to CMYK. I'am quite sure that this wasn't done by me. I work same magazin for years and always save previous version under new name then delete old pages and insert new empty pages. Swatches has been consistent until this last edition I create this week.

TOPICS
Bug , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

There is a bug with the latest CC updates that turns off color management—sets Color Settings to Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off. Clearing your Adobe Color caches folder seems to be the solution:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/photoshop-update-causes-indesign-color-management-settings-to-be-reset/td-p/11891667

However, turning off color management shouldn’t change a CMYK swatches’ values, it would just change its appearance while keeping the existing values. If a document is setup with

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same issue with the 2021 Update on Catalina 10.15.7 – it's totally annoying. I never had this before EVER. If you open Bridge and set the color management there, it can help. But after a restart today I now have the problem ALSO in Bridge. It appears when I swith between programs f.e. InDesign and Photoshop … as soon as you switch to another programm, all Color Settings switch back to some kind of none sychronised Setting ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I remember when this come out in my case. Don't know the reason but Indesign notify me

of nonsinchronized colors (don't know when it was desincrhonized) and I went to Bridge and sinchronize colors again. It must happen at that time.

I somehow correct this issue with ink alias when printing to pdf, but now I'am interesting in some good tutorial how color setting in Adobe products work in a background. I would be glad if someone can point me to that tutorial.

To Adobe: Operations when everything screw with few clicks or settings change should't be that easy to apply, because

in cases like this is not about (bug, error, user error, intentional thing) anymore, but it ends in a loss of thousands of euros. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a bug with the latest CC updates that turns off color management—sets Color Settings to Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off. Clearing your Adobe Color caches folder seems to be the solution:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/photoshop-update-causes-indesign-color-management-settings-t...

However, turning off color management shouldn’t change a CMYK swatches’ values, it would just change its appearance while keeping the existing values. If a document is setup with the Color Mangement Policies set to Convert to Working Space, then it is possible that swatch values would change on an open if the Working Space did not match the document’s profile assignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines