Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alphabetical order in TOC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Does anybody know is there any possibility to change English alphabet to for example Estonian to create correct alphabetically ordered TOC. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Now I know and share with others 🙂 Working quite well!

The sort order for a table of contents is determined by the document’s default language setting. To change the default language setting, make sure nothing is selected and then choose a language from the Language menu in the Character panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estonian is an option so character language settings, so it should be possible. I don't know about Estonian -- is it different characters from English? If so, you would need a font that supports those characters.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.34.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lanquage settings are working well. Even hyphenation is OK. But problem is with alphabet - we have mostly same letters and at same order as in English but few letters more. Õ, Ä, Ö, Ü at the end of alphabet, but if I make TOC, Indesign take them like O, A, O, U. Allmost same thing with Finnish language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I know and share with others 🙂 Working quite well!

The sort order for a table of contents is determined by the document’s default language setting. To change the default language setting, make sure nothing is selected and then choose a language from the Language menu in the Character panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines