Highlighted

ALT and drag to duplicate an object creates 3 objects instead of 1 in InDesign 2020 on macOS

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am working with In-Design CC 2020 and I noticed that when I use alt and drag to duplicate an object, it's not working as I used to know, but instead, it creates something like step and repeat! 

It creates 2 more objects! It's so frustrating.....

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ALT and drag to duplicate an object creates 3 objects instead of 1 in InDesign 2020 on macOS

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am working with In-Design CC 2020 and I noticed that when I use alt and drag to duplicate an object, it's not working as I used to know, but instead, it creates something like step and repeat! 

It creates 2 more objects! It's so frustrating.....

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you on Mac or PC ? Everything working fine for me on a MacbookPRO and Catalina with ID 2020

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with iMac and Catalina, I just bought it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are using the Option key then, right?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! And I am doing it the right way, first I am pressing the alt key and then I am selecting the object. Dragging though the object, it doesn't just duplicates, but instead it "tripplecates"!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. That's definitely not normal. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Exact version of InDesign and operating system.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link.
  • Has this feature ever worked on this system? 

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imac with Catalina 10.15.2

Indesign ver. 15.0.1

The problem is the same in all documents.

My company bought the computer and InDesign 2 weeks ago!

From the first time I opened a file, I noticed the problem.

Is it possible that I have to do a correction within keyboard shortcuts?             

I  am sending you some screenshots.

first step

01.png

second step, I am selecting the object trying to duplicate

02.png

and the result is....

03.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pressing only the alt key during this.

If I press the shift, the duplicated objects react like the way we all know!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay in reposnse. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, I would request try resetting Illutrator preferences and let us know how it goes. 

Close all adobe applications

Go to Locations:

~/Library/Caches

~/Library/Preferences

Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old

Launch InDesign from the CC

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.  

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue right now updating to the new InDesign.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines