Highlighted

Alt dragging duplicates twice in InDesign

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as the title says. When I "alt drag" on anyhting it now duplicates twice instead of once. Its infuriating. It's been happending for a couple weeks so I'm assuming its since the latest update (15.1.2). I've restarted InDesign, I've restarted my computer and I've uninstalled and re-installed InDesign numerous times. 

Uninstalling and re-installing works very temporarally. But thats it. Right back to multiple duplicating soon after. 

Has anyone else experienced this and have a fix?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Alt dragging duplicates twice in InDesign

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as the title says. When I "alt drag" on anyhting it now duplicates twice instead of once. Its infuriating. It's been happending for a couple weeks so I'm assuming its since the latest update (15.1.2). I've restarted InDesign, I've restarted my computer and I've uninstalled and re-installed InDesign numerous times. 

Uninstalling and re-installing works very temporarally. But thats it. Right back to multiple duplicating soon after. 

Has anyone else experienced this and have a fix?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 15.1.2 on the Mac OS and am not seeing this issue. It works as expected. When you drag, are you seeing a ghosted version of that second copy? If so, I'm wonding if you're having an issue with your keyboard as you can make additional copies using alt + drag and adding the arrow keys. Any chance you can try alt + dragging using a different keyboard? Also I just tested the alt + drag on Windows and it works as expected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is a ghosted (dotted outlined) version of the second copy. See attached. The second attachment is the end result.

Unfortunately, I dont have access to a different keyboard at the moment. Still working from home. I'm on macbook pro.Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 10.33.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-30 at 10.36.06 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that ghosting is indicative of tapping your right arrow key when dragging to make a copy. I'd try another keyboard or at least just try rapping on your arrow keys for a bit and try it again. Wondering if a key is stuck or something?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blahblahblah5:

Have you rebuilt the preferences and cache files?

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/ 

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try this. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of these worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I haven't experienced that ghosting, I finally brought my MacBook Pro in to get the faulty keyboard replaced. What a difference! I can't believe I waited so long. 🙄

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks 

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0