• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALT + rotate now duplicates objects instead of anchoring the opposite point

Participant ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all my life I used ALT to fixate the opposite point of an object to rotate instead of the center. In the recent version (versions?) of InDesign this function now duplicates an object while rotating. Can I revert to how it was before? Or do I have to downgrade a version? which one is the last one that had it working propperly?

(Indd 16.2.1, Windows 10)

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

I don't recall that using the ALT key (or Option key on a Mac) ever did what you're saying. Alt/Option dragging has always been a way to make a copy of an object. Are you using the Rotate tool or are you rotating using the Bounding Box that appears when the regular selection tool is active? With the Rotate tool you can rotate around a chosen point by clicking on a point of an object (with the Rotate tool active in the Tool Panel) and then rotating the object around that chosen point. You can eit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall that using the ALT key (or Option key on a Mac) ever did what you're saying. Alt/Option dragging has always been a way to make a copy of an object. Are you using the Rotate tool or are you rotating using the Bounding Box that appears when the regular selection tool is active? With the Rotate tool you can rotate around a chosen point by clicking on a point of an object (with the Rotate tool active in the Tool Panel) and then rotating the object around that chosen point. You can either drag from a point opposite the chosen point with the tool itself or you can double-click on the Rotate Tool and enter a value in degrees in the Rotate Tool dialog that appears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right. I must have had a glitch in my brain. Maybe it's a memory of some very old version. Or maybe I just got used to that in some other software, and was confused when got back to working with Indesign.

I still think it should be a feature request - I would like to be able to use some key, not necessary ALT, to rotate an object around the opposite corner in Free Transform mode (without switching to Rotate tool)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines