Highlighted

Alternate text getting disappear after exporting PDF from InDesign

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I like to write an accessible PDF. Every picture has an alternative text in Indesign in the [Object Export Options]. In the PDF they disappear. In the export mask the hook for [write PDF with tags] is marked.

Anybody any ideas?

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Alternate text getting disappear after exporting PDF from InDesign

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I like to write an accessible PDF. Every picture has an alternative text in Indesign in the [Object Export Options]. In the PDF they disappear. In the export mask the hook for [write PDF with tags] is marked.

Anybody any ideas?

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please take a look at this help article (https://www.adobe.com/accessibility/products/indesign/alt-text.html).

If that doesn't help either, I would request that if you could share a few more details like:

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link. 
  • Small video/ screenshots of your workflow.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines