Anchor text frame in one layer to another layer

Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i need to anchor a text frame to a text object across layers, the issue is that if i do this, it moves the text frame to the destination object layer, i haven't found a way around this

i need to make a text frame follow a certain text so that if i have to repage or move content it will move the box, but they CAN'T be on the samelayer, as it needs to be hiden text

You can't put an anchored object on a different layer than the textframe the anchored object is anchored in.

A anchored object becomes basically a character and is in the layers panel always grouped within the textframe it is anchored in.
If you want to not print/hide on final output that anchored object set it to "Non printing" in the Attributes panel.

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Anchor text frame in one layer to another layer

Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i need to anchor a text frame to a text object across layers, the issue is that if i do this, it moves the text frame to the destination object layer, i haven't found a way around this

i need to make a text frame follow a certain text so that if i have to repage or move content it will move the box, but they CAN'T be on the samelayer, as it needs to be hiden text

You can't put an anchored object on a different layer than the textframe the anchored object is anchored in.

A anchored object becomes basically a character and is in the layers panel always grouped within the textframe it is anchored in.
If you want to not print/hide on final output that anchored object set it to "Non printing" in the Attributes panel.

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2020 0
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 1