Highlighted

Anchoring an image does not make the first line respect the wrapping text

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrederikSt_0-1604654144003.png

I am trying to insert a blank Frame into my table so I can fake wrap the text inside the table around the image which is in the main frame (there are several tables, as well as an introductory text, so I cannot just insert the image into the table). The blank frame gets ignored by the first line of text. With the other images I put the anchor inside the heading, so it didn't matter, but the is no 0 Line inside the table.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Anchoring an image does not make the first line respect the wrapping text

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrederikSt_0-1604654144003.png

I am trying to insert a blank Frame into my table so I can fake wrap the text inside the table around the image which is in the main frame (there are several tables, as well as an introductory text, so I cannot just insert the image into the table). The blank frame gets ignored by the first line of text. With the other images I put the anchor inside the heading, so it didn't matter, but the is no 0 Line inside the table.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how it works. The wrap only applies to the next line and after. Create an empty paragraph above it and anchor it there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean a blank line? Or can you create an invisible paragraph?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever works for you, but you need to get that anchor above the first line you want wrap applied to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A blank line isn't an option, bc. it's the field of a table that's supposed to be aligned top. If you can man an invisible line or paragraph, please let me know how.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new line and give it 0 pt leading and 0 pt size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, I guess that would work, though forgive me when I say: it's hard to imagine that a 'professional' program relies on hacks like that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederik,

I think we have to see more of the layout to give better advice.

Also: What should the anchored frame with the text wrap contain?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing. It should be hidden under the actual image. I can only make the text wrap around an image, or the text in a table, so I insterted a blank frame with the same width into my table to make it wrap. Doesn't wrap with the first line, though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0