Highlighted

Anchors that can be added to URL of an Interactive PDF

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even sure if this is possible, but here goes.
I want to design an ezine by creating an interactive PDF from an Indesign multi-page document.

Rather than send the entire PDF by email to clients, I want to send an HTML email using something like Mailchimp, which will present much nicer in emails.  I will add a file link to the PDF document which will be uploaded to the Mailchimp library.

When a client clicks the link in the email, the PDF will open up in the browser.

No problem so far. That is pretty easy to set up and works very nicely, opening the saved PDF in a browser.

However, what I would like to do in the email is to add teasers with links to specific pages within the interactive PDF.

I tried adding Page Anchors and Text Anchors to the inDesign document and then in the email adding #page2 (for example) to the URL link of the PDF.  It does not work.

It is the only way I know of directing a URL to a specific anchor on a page.

Has anybody come across a solution for achieving this?

Maybe I will have to settle with the email link going to the first page of the PDF and then setting up links from the first page to anchors within the document?

Your thoughts would be appreciated

TOPICS
How to, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Anchors that can be added to URL of an Interactive PDF

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even sure if this is possible, but here goes.
I want to design an ezine by creating an interactive PDF from an Indesign multi-page document.

Rather than send the entire PDF by email to clients, I want to send an HTML email using something like Mailchimp, which will present much nicer in emails.  I will add a file link to the PDF document which will be uploaded to the Mailchimp library.

When a client clicks the link in the email, the PDF will open up in the browser.

No problem so far. That is pretty easy to set up and works very nicely, opening the saved PDF in a browser.

However, what I would like to do in the email is to add teasers with links to specific pages within the interactive PDF.

I tried adding Page Anchors and Text Anchors to the inDesign document and then in the email adding #page2 (for example) to the URL link of the PDF.  It does not work.

It is the only way I know of directing a URL to a specific anchor on a page.

Has anybody come across a solution for achieving this?

Maybe I will have to settle with the email link going to the first page of the PDF and then setting up links from the first page to anchors within the document?

Your thoughts would be appreciated

TOPICS
How to, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2020 0

Have something to add?