• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated elements are rendering 1-2 inches lower on epub preview

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am hoping this community can help me out. I have been creating an epub doc with a lot animations triggered on the button. The animations have been working up until this page, everything looks fine when I am working on the doc but when I go to preview in the epub layout the text renders like 1-2 inches lower than it actually is in the doc. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas how to fix it? It hasn't happened on the other pages at all. 

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Performance , Publish online , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Try grouping the frame with the background piece and adding the animation to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a custom motion path? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @BobLevine Thanks for responding so quickly! 

I didn't use a custom motion path, or at least not one that I meant to. Here is what shows on the animation screen. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 1.22.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how are you viewing the EPUB? Books app or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, it is through the epub preview and I published online to test: https://indd.adobe.com/view/fd22eeeb-29c0-4b4c-a0a3-e972d8d3ceec 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try grouping the frame with the background piece and adding the animation to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Bob! I got the system to work. I think it had something to do with copy/pasting elements from the page before. Once I broke everything out and re-built the object states it worked. I really appreciate your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines