• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation in Interactive PDF

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating an animation in InDesign. Can I export the animation into an interactive PDF? Will it work?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Animations won't work in an Interactive PDF, instead use FXL ePub or InDesign's Publish Online facility.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I completely agree with Derek here. In addition to the suggestion given in earlier response, I'd recommend checking out this help article to know how to use Publish Online. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign seems an odd choice to make an animation. I can't think how you'd do that. Can you describe how you are going about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about grand animations. Simple appear/disappear, fade in/out animations. The options in InDesign (image attached) to make animation will work for epub. I'm not sure how to make it work for interactive PDF.

indd-ani.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animations won't work in an Interactive PDF, instead use FXL ePub or InDesign's Publish Online facility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you say publish online, do you mean Adobe cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I mean Publish Online – an HTML5 version of your InDesign document hosted on Adobe's servers.

(LinkedIn Learning has some online tutorials on creating such document– you can get 30 days free access.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I completely agree with Derek here. In addition to the suggestion given in earlier response, I'd recommend checking out this help article to know how to use Publish Online. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines