• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annotate default or shortcut

Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a photo book where the images are placed randomly on the pages. When I want to annotate an image, I create a text box directly below the image, type in the annotation and then I have to manually lower the annotation within the text box, in order to produce a pleasing seperation between the image and the annotation. Is there a way to automate this process in order to not require this process for each annotation?

Bob

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Use an Object style on the text frame and adjust the Text Frame Options to adjust the Top Inset Spacing. This will allow you to align the top of the text frame to the bottom of the image frame for easier placement.

You can then select both the image frame and the text frame (or just the text frame by itself) and add to an InDesign Library file or the CC Library. Then just drag out whenever you want it. 

If you want to use Adobe Bridge, you can add the caption info there and have it automatic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use an Object style on the text frame and adjust the Text Frame Options to adjust the Top Inset Spacing. This will allow you to align the top of the text frame to the bottom of the image frame for easier placement.

You can then select both the image frame and the text frame (or just the text frame by itself) and add to an InDesign Library file or the CC Library. Then just drag out whenever you want it. 

If you want to use Adobe Bridge, you can add the caption info there and have it automatically inserted when placing the image.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines