• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is creating extra folders (AdobeFnt.lst ) automatically after packaging files

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed that the latest version of InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is recreating extra folders after files have been packaged with images and fonts? Basically, I just packaged a layout by saving it to an alternative 'work' folder that sits on my desktop. Once that was complete I moved the packaged folder back to the original job folder alongside other material associated with the project.

The issue occurred as soon as I opened that InDesign file once again. After doing this, a new folder (same name as the packaged material) reappeared in the 'work' desktop folder. It only contains a Document Fonts folder, so no duplicate Links or a copy of the InDesign files itself. Weird behavior though, I've not seen anything like this before and it's only started happening after the very recent upgrade.

At least the awful CMD-Z undo bug seems to have been fixed though.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I understand it's frustrating. This issue is currently under investigation. Till the time it is fixed, please upvote this issue here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update your InDesign to v 15.0.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 145 Replies 145
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. Didn't you read Ravi Kiran's comment at the top? Sounds like a solution:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/status/3541276

Available in Beta Builds · AdminRavi Kiran (Senior Lead Quality Engineer, Adobe InDesign) responded · April 20, 2020

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest Beta build of InDesign – InDesign 15.0.3
Please download the latest beta build from the Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal to test this.

1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.3.416) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.

Adobe InDesign team

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe
i will try this Beta build of InDesign – InDesign 15.0.3
is this a simply update or a real new version of the product?
in case it was a new version of ind. keep my italian language and my customizations ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug fix update.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i open, package, save an indesign file, old folders just containing 'document fonts' reappear on my desktop despite moving them to trash.

This has only happend since the latest update InDesign 2020 (15.0.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your post over to the InDesign forum.

But this doesn't have anything to do with InDesign, IMHO.

Where are supposedly saving these project files from ID?

What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bitte um Hilfe!!
Verwende InDesign CC 2020, sobald ich ein Projekt verpacke und den Ordner dann verschiebe/archiviere oder lösche, kommt sobald ich InDesign wieder öffne der selbe verpackte Ordner auf meinem Schreibtisch, sobald ich diesen wieder lösche, kommt er wieder sobald ich InDesign öffne usw

Das einzige was hilft: Sobald ich InDesign komplett beende (Quit) und nochmal neu starte kommt der letzte verpackte Ordner nicht mehr.
Sobald ich nun aber wieder ein Projekt verpacke passiert es erneut.
Ist sehr nervend da ich pro Tag ca. 3-4 Order verpacke und mein Schreibtisch den ganzen Tag voll Ordner ist.

Was hab ich bereits versucht?
1) System-Aktualissierung (neuste Version 10.15.4)
2) InDesgin deinstalliert und wieder neu installiert
3) Festplattendienstprogramm —> erste Hilfe durchgeführt

Weis einfach nicht mehr weiter…
Kann mir jemand helfen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the folder reappearing on the desktop would be InDesign's "fault." 

Are you using a cloud back up utility such as OneDrive, Google Backup and Sync, DropBox, or Box? These utilities often include the desktop and document folders by default. I've seen them get "confused" about recovering files when it shouldn't--especially when using the utilities to snyc multipel computers.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick feedback - and sorry for my english;)
Do not use a cloud backup program - only "Time Machine Backups" with an external hard drive.

Step 1) I open InDesign document
Step 2) I export the InDesign packages (sample1, sample2, sample3)
Step 3) I delete the folder and the documents from the desktop
Step 4) open any new document
Step 5) The deleted folder reappears on the desktop
See photos attached.

I have never seen anything like this and nowhere can I find similar problems on the Internet.

Step 1Step 1Step 2Step 2Step 5Step 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I "spoke" to soon...

Take a look at this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/files-keep-re-appearing-after-delete/td-p/10976873?page=1

I googled "deleted indesign documents reappear" and came up with a number of hits.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Know and documented bug, only in v 15.02 of InDesign 2020.

Well documented and discussed bug.

Wait for 15.03 or reverst to 15.01.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW,
I'm installed the InDesign 15.01 et voilà ... works again!
Next time I google the problem in english!

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Sylvia,

falls Du zurück auf InDesign Version 15.0.1 gehen möchtest: Da gibt's leider in der Mac OS X-Version einen schwerwiegenden Bug. Ein einziges Undo bringt Dich zurück auf die letzte gesicherte Version der Datei.

Workaround für 15.0.2:

Unmittelbar nach dem Verpacken InDesign 15.0.2 beenden und neu hochfahren.

Gruß,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened multiple times now with multiple folders.

Let's say I update an INDD file and due to all the changes I package a new folder.

• I delete the old folder...all seems normal.
  • Not too long after the folder reappears, not everything is still there – it includes the base folder and the DOCUMENT FONTS folder with the font: AdobeFnt21.lst.
  • All other previous content gone

It's always InDesign and always lists that font name.

I've tried deleting it on Dropbox on the web, still comes back. All I've been able to do is add the text CRAP FOLDER to the beginning of the folder name so no one on our team will confuse the folder with the current version.

Driving my crazy! Can anyone offer any clues, ideas, or great new swear words to try out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JenJud,

you discovered a known bug with InDesign version 15.0.2. The developers are working on a fix.

Two things you can do for a workaround:

1. Go back to version 15.0.1

Perhaps not recommended when on Mac OS X because of another severe bug with 15.0.1 that was fixed with 15.0.2:

A single Undo brings you back to the last saved version of the document.

2. Every time you packaged a document:

Quit and restart InDesign 15.0.2.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening for me as well. A second folder is generated during packaging of documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update your InDesign to v 15.0.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-a...

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem. I never experienced this before. Been using InDesign since cs3. Hey Adobe, when are you going to fix dynamic spelling? Used to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please confirm what exactly is happening at your end? The issue discussed above is totally different from spell check problems. Which OS and version of InDesign you are working on?

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my team and I have started using cc more aggresively to share files and work remotely (Indesign) we have been noticing weird font issues. The fonts we are using are not on adobe fonts. Everytime we share collected files (Indesign) on cc it generates some weird file called: AdobeFnt21.lst

It also doesn't recognize the font files so I keep haveing to replace them or work locally. We usually work off a local server at work and these issues have never happened before. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. It is a known issue reported with InDesign release v15.0.2 and has been fixed in latest InDesign update v15.0.3. Please update InDesign to the latest version(https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html). This update has been released in an incremental manner and if you do not get the update right away, you should get it by end of the week. Please refer to more information on community thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/experience-improved-performance-in-indesign-15-0-3/td-p/1112... about it.

You may find out fixed issues in the new version on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html#InDesign2020version1503
Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines