Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Script Error

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have run the apple script the below error will stop the script intially itself.  Can anyone helpme out what is the exact issue.

Screenshot 2020-08-11 at 3.36.19 PM.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a permission issue, have a look at the following thread

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51299066/macos-mojave-automator-not-authorized-to-send-apple-eve...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Manan! Its may be a OS issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it most probably is an OS issue. Which is the version of your Mac OS? Looking at the hits I got on google, it seems we need to provide security access to the event originating and receiving applications to resolve this issue.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the script in Mac OS Catalina and  the script is run in the some other OS it cause the above error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not, in my opinion, AppleScript is just code, which gets interpreted on the machine that it executes, afaik. So this should not be the reason, though I admit my limited knowledge of AppleScript. Someone more experienced might pitch in with better insights

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens cause of Apples SIP (secure integrity protection) beginning with macOS catalina.

Before going in depth the three most important questions are:

Do you need applescript to perform the task? Can you show us the tell system events part?

Do you use the process on your own or do you need to publish it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Apple Script is performing the task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like you are running the script as part of an OSX Automator action? Does the script work if you copy it to one of InDesign’s scripts folders and run it from the Scripts panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines