• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

applying previously used style

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, I'm very rusty user of indesign working on a document with a huge number of character and para styles. As it's some one else's job i can'tto assign more keyboard shortcuts. I vaguely remember a method to apply the previously applied style? Anyone know what i mean? thanks x

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Do you mean "Quick apply" (I don't know if this is the right english term for that - In German it is "Schnell anwenden")

[Strg/Ctrl]+[Enter]

Then type the first character of the style name.

Or you use the Eyedropper Tool. Select the character with your formatting. "Fill" the Eyedropper Tool and go to the next character and apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmh?

Not the previously used style - but you can set the next style in General in your paragraph options.

Just set the "Next format" to "same format".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh thanks, yeah i should have explained that its the character styles that are taking the time, I'd just like to click on a character and have a quick way on applying the same style that I used on the last character, rather than having to scroll down a long list of char styles. maybe not then - i thought there used to be an option somewhere but maybe wishful thinking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean "Quick apply" (I don't know if this is the right english term for that - In German it is "Schnell anwenden")

[Strg/Ctrl]+[Enter]

Then type the first character of the style name.

Or you use the Eyedropper Tool. Select the character with your formatting. "Fill" the Eyedropper Tool and go to the next character and apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES thank you it's quick apply i was thinking of. Fabulous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines