• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic and Hebrew data merged text not rendered correctly when exported to epub

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as documented here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/41322403-arabic-exporte...

I'm using data merge to insert text in different languages and then exporting the indesign file to epub format. Arabic and Hebrew are both not rendering correctly when exported to epub. Below left is what it should look like (in indesign), below right is what it looks like in epub (it appears to only show the first character):

Wendi5CDA_0-1626726700724.png    Wendi5CDA_1-1626726725598.png

Wendi5CDA_2-1626726808070.pngWendi5CDA_3-1626726890052.png

I don't know if it's an epub fixed layout bug or something else. Does anyone have a workaround until it's fixed? I tried exporting to pdf and then converting to epub (using various online tools/software) but the format/layout is then all messed up.

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's hard to say without seeing more - like screenshots, or posting a sample file so that we can reproduce your issue on our own machines - but at first glance it does look like the bug report you posted is the same issue as the one you've described. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines