• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic Text direction indesign

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a text in arabic. I write normally from right to left.  But when it comes to a text like :

2 - 10 days incubation. It appairs 10 - 2 days.

Could you adviseplease.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, your description of the issue confused me, and would like to understand the issue better from you, with a screenshot of the issue would be better.

For an Arabic text, I do expect to have lower value 2 comes before the larger value 10, hence for me the number should show as follows:

تمتد فترة الحضانة من 2 - 10 أيام

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zaid,
Thank you for your message.
When I copy the text from word document it comes like this in my Indesign page :

حدث الاعصار قبل عدة سنوات بين شهري 10- 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please check the dictionary, and make sure you select Arabic from there.

Dictionary.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this script, it reverses direction. Says its for CS4 but should install/work fine with current versions. PLEASE BE SURE AND CHANGE FILE EXTENSION TO .ZIP (not allowed in forums, so I changed the extension to .pdf). Hope this works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, didn't work, see if you can grab the zip file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dczyn2je6pm6qed/r2l_scripts_for_id_cs4.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane, thank you for your message.

But I have no problem with character direction or paragraph direction. It's just the number 2 - 10 which became

10 - 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. You could easily select them and just run this script to reverse them. Would that be viable for your situation here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines