• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic text missing or incorrect

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a fixed-layout epub with both English and Arabic text. When I export as epub, the Arabic text is not rendering correctly (only some intermittent letters appear, while most of the text is blank). This is not an issue as a pdf. I am viewing the epub in ibooks. How can I fix this so that the epub consistently renders correctly?

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the font you're using? Have you tried to view the epub file through Adobe Digital Editions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried different fonts (geeza pro and adobe arabic). And I've tried on ADE as well as some other platforms (ibooks and some web-based).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few tests now, sadly to say that I too am having the same issue. Could it be InDesign or the Mac OS is causing this issue? I've done tests over the years, I was able back then to produce a fully readable fixed epub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is InDesign's fault, not the OS. In InDesign, if you view the content using "EPUB Interactivity Preview" panel the result as bad as the exported EPUB file.

Now I do remember exporting to EPUB with Arabic content successfully in the past and was able to view and read the file properly. At that time, the EPUB version was 2.x while now it is version 3.x

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.06.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines