• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are my margins set up wrong?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My book that I'm designing is 7.5x9.5 inches. When I output a PDF the pages look fine. But when I print draft copies of the left and right facing pages, a small narrow band from top to bottom from the right facing page (left portion) is printing together with the left facing page (to the right of it). Hope this makes sense. Not sure what I need to adjust to print them out so I don't get a portion of one page (right) showing up on the left page design. Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

But when I print draft copies of the left and right facing pages, a small narrow band from top to bottom from the right facing page (left portion) is printing together with the left facing page (to the right of it). Hope this makes sense.

That would be the inside bleed, which comes from the opposite page in the spread when you include an inside bleed with a facing page document.

Unless the binding is an unusual method like wire-o where the inside edge is trimmed and visible, you don’t need a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would normally supply your printer with single pages, not spreads, ready for them to impose.

Tick Crop Marks and Use Document Bleed Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue only happens when I'm printing back to back single pages on my home printer as draft pages. This is when this issue happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t expect a home printer to perfectly align the front and back pages of a double sided document. This is not a good simulation of how the print shop will handle your file. If you really need a simulation of how the pages will print double sided, print single sided with crop marks, use spray adhesive to put them back to back using the crop marks as a guide (a light table or an iPad will help with this), then trim. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But when I print draft copies of the left and right facing pages, a small narrow band from top to bottom from the right facing page (left portion) is printing together with the left facing page (to the right of it). Hope this makes sense.

That would be the inside bleed, which comes from the opposite page in the spread when you include an inside bleed with a facing page document.

Unless the binding is an unusual method like wire-o where the inside edge is trimmed and visible, you don’t need an inside bleed and can set it to 0. If you do include an inside bleed it will be removed by the printer when the document is imposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines