Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrows not working when placing images in grid

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I need to place several images in a grid in InDesign (I'm using CS3 in Elcapitan). I have looked in several forums and websites and the steps are:

1. Go to File > Place, and select the images that you want to use from your files and then click Open.

2. Cursor will now be loaded up with images.

3. Drag your grid while hold down the left mouse button.

4. Then, still holding down the mouse button, use your arrow keys to create frames in your grid. The up and down arrows split your grid horizontally, and the left and right split it vertically. (in this step I have also seen intructions that suggest holding Cmd and/or Shift, to drag the grid, and then also use the arrow. Not working for me... and i look like some kind of a weird contortionist piano player)

I do all the above but arrow keys are not working. I use a magic keyboard and a USB magic mouse, but I have also tried with the laptop keyboard and trackpad, and still doesnt work.

Can someone help?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

If you mean you're using  InDesign CS3, that feature wasn't introduced until CS4, according to the InDesign New Features resource which tracks when features were introduced (as shown below):

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 8.56.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean you're using  InDesign CS3, that feature wasn't introduced until CS4, according to the InDesign New Features resource which tracks when features were introduced (as shown below):

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 8.56.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oh! thank you for your reply! Now I can stop searching the web 😄
--

Saudações cordiais,
Helena Ferreira

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines