Highlighted

Assistance With inDesign

New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving this message - Cannot handle the request because a modal dialog or alert is active

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

You didn't tell what operating system you're running. If you're on a Mac, this should provide an answer:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/cannot-handle-the-request-because-a-modal-dialog-or-alert-is-active/td-p/10423128?page=1

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Assistance With inDesign

New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving this message - Cannot handle the request because a modal dialog or alert is active

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

You didn't tell what operating system you're running. If you're on a Mac, this should provide an answer:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/cannot-handle-the-request-because-a-modal-dialog-or-alert-is-active/td-p/10423128?page=1

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/cannot-handle-the-request-because-a-modal-dialog-or-alert-is...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One place I see this message on a regular basis is when I try to open a file by double clicking it in an OS folder, but I left a dialog box open in InDesign. When get back to InDesign and close the dialog box, this resolves itself.

If you are unsure if that is your situation, try shutting down InDesign and reopening it and then try reopening the file.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 1
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dhudson2,

what exactly is this "request" InDesign cannot handle?

What are you trying to do when this message comes up?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0