Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

At end of line text oversets

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2019 Windows 10
When I reach the end of a line while typing text in a text frame, instead of moving to the next line, the text simply oversets.

I have attached a picture of what it looks like in the story editor. I can't seem to spot any break characters.

Foxed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Overset text.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Select your text. In the upper right corner of the InDesign interface is a button that looks like three lines. Clicking on it will reveal the menu below. Have you possibly activated the "No Break" option?

no-break.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have enabled No Break, either from the Character panel menu as an override, or in your Body Text style. That does exactly what it says: it keeps all text to which it is applied together in a single line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your text. In the upper right corner of the InDesign interface is a button that looks like three lines. Clicking on it will reveal the menu below. Have you possibly activated the "No Break" option?

no-break.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look to see if the body text paragraph style is set to start in a new frame or column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the quick replies. Yes, the NoBreak was being applied. I don't remember having applied that. However, how can I undo this setting for the body text paragraph style so that it does not start in a new frame or column?
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edit your paragraph style, go to the Basic Character Formats section and turn off No Break.

no-break.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines