• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto correction not working in existing text frame

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an existing text frame I am working in, but Auto Correct has quit working in it. If I make a new text frame, it works fine, by my text goes over several pages. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

For others with the same issue down the road, the language can be set by paragraph style (and character style) under Advanced Character Formats (outlined in orange). It is also visible in the Character view of of the Control panel (outlined in green).

in.png

Glad you are back on track. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What spell-check language is the text in the textframe set to? 

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is set to English. It seems to be in particular Paragraph styles where it doesn't work. For example, it will work okay in one Paragraph Style but not in another within the same text frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the language for each paragraph style that isn't working, and potentially, each character style?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed that if it was set to English for the document that each paragraph style would be English as well. How do you check the individual Paragraph Styles to see if they are set to English. I looked in the dialogue boxes but could not find anything that indicated it needed to be set to English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I found it, and yes, that was the problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For others with the same issue down the road, the language can be set by paragraph style (and character style) under Advanced Character Formats (outlined in orange). It is also visible in the Character view of of the Control panel (outlined in green).

in.png

Glad you are back on track. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines