• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Frame Size while Placing Photo .jpg's?

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

In the previous InDesign I could select multiple photo's, combination of Landscape and Portrait.

Then in ID the selected photo shows up as cursor.

During placing the frame now always shows up in Landscape, even with Portrait Files, these pictures are centered in the Landscape Frame.

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-02 om 16.07.14.png

I reinstalled and the same annoying "feature" happens.

Where can I find a setting to get the Framesize in the same format as the picture format?

That would save a lot of time...

Thanks in advance, and with kind regards, Jaap

TOPICS
InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Hi JaapR98BC,

I observed the same thing with one of the images that were delivered by one of my students.

It turned out that the information that the image is in "portrait" mode was not available to InDesign. The image was saved directly from the camera and never opened and saved in PhotoShop. As soon as I opened and resaved the image in PhotoShop, just changing one single pixel, InDesign was able to see that the image was done in "portrait" mode.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should happen if you choose to PLACE (File > Place) a portrait orientation image, and then a landscape orientation image, it will show a cursor with a number showing the number of images. When you place, you should drag the cursor to maintain the proportions of the images, as you place them one-by-one, and as you drag the size will scale in proportion:

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 8.46.52 AM.png

If that doesn't seem to be working, you might try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your response!

I tried, but no success alas...

When pulling the cursor down while pressing the upper cast key it seems to work partly, however not completely...

Maybe I am not understanding exactly what you describe.

The ID app is "out of the box" I did not adjust anything in preferences.

My photo's were saved in camera in RAW format (Canon Raw, CR), adjusted in Lightroom and saved in .JPG then again worked on in Photoshop.

Kind regards Jaap

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-03 om 19.24.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JaapR98BC,

I observed the same thing with one of the images that were delivered by one of my students.

It turned out that the information that the image is in "portrait" mode was not available to InDesign. The image was saved directly from the camera and never opened and saved in PhotoShop. As soon as I opened and resaved the image in PhotoShop, just changing one single pixel, InDesign was able to see that the image was done in "portrait" mode.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines