Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-generated TOC - how to order items

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear community members!

I struggle with wrong order of items in TOC. Initially it is correct - divider number (1) goes first then follows divider heading, all referenced to document page 12. But the second divider has different page layout - and it leads to that divider number 2 in the TOC falls under its headings, still reference to document page 19 is correct.

Could you please advise me on how to fix this?

Screenshot 2021-05-15 113626.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign reads the page from upper left to lower right.

The only way I know to trick it in the TOC is to add non-printing frames containing the triggers in a more left/higher position and change the style of the text appearing in the wrong order. I generally put such frames in the top margin, and I make the text red and bold so they are obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

The most simplistic way to fix this inconvenience is to thread the "yellow" text frame to the other one!

(there're other ways as thread a "no-color-text-frame-on-the-top-left-side" to this "yellow" text frame!)

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines