• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automated captions not working

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I've been using InDesign for an assignment for university and I need to generate an autimatic caption for images. I have followed the whole caption set up process, but no matter what i do it still doesnt allow me to generate either a static or live caption. Ive put all of the metadata into the images through photoshop, and i've even installed Bridge to see if that would be any better, yet neither have seemed to work at all. Is there anything that I am doing wrong? Ive set everything up to how i want it to look, and i've followed the step by step instructions on how to do it properly, i've even searched for videos on the internet to see if i'm doing something different to them and i aren't! I really don't understand why it wont let me select a caption generator, when i've set it up properly 

TOPICS
EPUB , Feature request , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Joanna5E2F 

Can you show screen shots of the following three items:

• InDesign: Object > Captions > Caption Setup
  • Bridge: File Info [for one image]
  • InDesign: Select the same image, then Object > Caption > Static Captions
    What do you get when you do this step? An empty frame? Does it show overset text?

Apologies for the two-day delay in answering.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post your steps that you are doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines