• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic 'indent to here' or keep text aligned after the page number in table of contents?

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I want my table of contents to look like: the text aligned after the page number

1.png

the white text has a paragraph style with a set tab and I had to 'indent to here' so that the text would be aligned but everytime I update the table the tab stays but the text loses its alignment and I would have to 'indent to here' again

2.png

Is there a way keep the text aligned or automatic 'indent to here' even after updating the table?

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Hi zylaverO,

I would not work with "Indent To Here".

Instead work with hanging indents in the applied paragraph styles. Details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/bullets-numbering.html#create_bulleted_or_numbered_lists

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zylaverO,

I would not work with "Indent To Here".

Instead work with hanging indents in the applied paragraph styles. Details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/bullets-numbering.html#create_bulleted_or_numbered_lists

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uwe is right, youre more flexible if you dont have to add/sub these characters for reusing the text (which you kinda already did in the TOC). The only trick to know here is this: indent all and reindent the first line.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-28 um 12.37.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines