• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosave - multiple versions of my file?

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok perhaps im going crazy but I swear indesign used to save multiple copies of your file.
Then you could just click on one that was say 5 hours old etc and go back to that save...
Or am I crazy?

SOOOO if so how do you do this now with latest indesign?

yes I know you can hit save as every hour but I would like an automated approach?

Any help appreciated thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

There is no way to do that built-in to InDesign. If you were saving to a cloud service like Dropbox, you could roll back to an earlier version of the file.

You can also do that by saving to the Creative Cloud, but the period for saving versions is very short, compared to Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

You can do that easily via scripting, see for example

http://indesign.hilfdirselbst.ch/ausgabe-export/automatische-sicherungskopien-in-unterordner-erstellen-1.html

It should still work in CC, you just need to put the posted script into the "startup scripts" folder

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to do that built-in to InDesign. If you were saving to a cloud service like Dropbox, you could roll back to an earlier version of the file.

You can also do that by saving to the Creative Cloud, but the period for saving versions is very short, compared to Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe used to include a solution called Version Cue that was part of the old Creative Suite that offered that type of functionality. Perhaps that's what you're recalling? It was discontinued quite a while ago, I think with CS5 or CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do that easily via scripting, see for example

http://indesign.hilfdirselbst.ch/ausgabe-export/automatische-sicherungskopien-in-unterordner-erstell...

It should still work in CC, you just need to put the posted script into the "startup scripts" folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines