• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Availability published InDesign doc (online)

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am a designer, and one of my customers wants to publish an interactive document online. The doc will be publicly available via a link on their website. The customer does not have a CC license, so is not able to publish the doc themselves from InDesign.

Since I have a CC account, I figured I could design and publish the doc for them, and provide them with a link. My question: What if one day I decide to quit my CC account?

Is there a way of publishing the interactive doc online, so that my customer has full access without depending on me?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

This is a service for Adobe customers, designed to motivate people to keep up their subscriptions even after they don't need to Edit. Smart idea. If you want to be free of that tie you'd need a different method of publishing (there are no third party offerings directly compatible with Publish Online). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a service for Adobe customers, designed to motivate people to keep up their subscriptions even after they don't need to Edit. Smart idea. If you want to be free of that tie you'd need a different method of publishing (there are no third party offerings directly compatible with Publish Online). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, they will need you going forward to update the file since you have indesign, a cc subscription  and the indesign files.  You need all 3 to publish online.

now, you said the client wants full access, full access to what? the web files (the link will not go away)? the indesign files, editing the indesign files?? if they don't have indesign how do they expect to have full access? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could create an interactive document/site with InDesign and the In5 plug in, at extra cost to your client. https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/

If this issue does not remain a major stumbling block, though, Publish Online is a good solution, and allows you to create really rich interactive documents. Some examples here: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines