Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Awful .indd file quality after moving it trough USB drive or Cloud drive

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project for my uncle and i need to modify a Multipage PDF on InDesign. I need to alternate my work between my home and his office, so I tried moving the file around using Google Drive, just to discover that once opened, the file remained in Default quality no matter what i did, and once i exported it as an interactive PDF, it stayed that way aswell! The image is awfully pixelated and unusable, I tried moving the file around with a USB Flashrdrive thinking that maybe the problem was me downloading the file from the Cloud, but even that did nothing, the file still gets pixelated. I don't know if this is a software problem or maybe there is something that i should do that i don't know about, any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Are you logging into the same CC account on both your office and home computer? If that’s the case you can move the ID file and it’s linked assets into your Creative Cloud Files folder and the files will sync between the two machines after every modification—there would be no need to transfer the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've moved the INDD but lost the graphics. When this happens InDesign will show low resolution previews stored in the INDD file, and export them too as it has little choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you logging into the same CC account on both your office and home computer? If that’s the case you can move the ID file and it’s linked assets into your Creative Cloud Files folder and the files will sync between the two machines after every modification—there would be no need to transfer the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see!

Yes i'm using my account on both machines, didn't know this was a possibility, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines