Highlighted

Background colour makes text pixelated in InDesign 15.0.3

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I keep running into this problem and hoping somebody can tell me why it's happening.

If I have text on-top of a coloured background the text becomes pixelated. If I delete the background colour the text is fine. It's also fine when I export to PDF. But it's frustrating working with the pixelation.

Graphic below. White is no background - cream is a rectangle with background colour.

adobe-test.jpg

I'm using the latest version on Indesign. Updated this morning to 15.0.3 and still the issue is there. 

Any help appreciated.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Background colour makes text pixelated in InDesign 15.0.3

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I keep running into this problem and hoping somebody can tell me why it's happening.

If I have text on-top of a coloured background the text becomes pixelated. If I delete the background colour the text is fine. It's also fine when I export to PDF. But it's frustrating working with the pixelation.

Graphic below. White is no background - cream is a rectangle with background colour.

adobe-test.jpg

I'm using the latest version on Indesign. Updated this morning to 15.0.3 and still the issue is there. 

Any help appreciated.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the effect still occur when you change to this: View > Display Performance > High Quality Display ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek

Yes the screenshot is taken whilst in High quality Display.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unticking "GPU Performance" in InDesign Preferences under the GPU Performance tab.

Maybe you should also get your graphics card checked out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok the Graphics card I have is nvidia quadro p4000

I also don't have the GPU Performance in my preferences? 

I do have the option in Illustratror though?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 - 64-bit

Another thing is if I click into the box and start typing the pixelation goes away.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the arrow – is it a rasterised shape?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created in Illustrator - Placed in to the file as an EPS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah – don't use EPS's – use a native AI file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? I am surprised. I've never heard of that being a bad practice before. Why do you recommend that?

I've deleted them all and it hasn't fixed the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope your issue is resolved now. If it is not yet resolved, we'd recommend sharing your workflow(a small video would help) so that we can understand the issue better and help you accordingly. Also let us know if this is happening with a specific file or all.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0