• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Tasks icon InDesign 15.1

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Indesign 15.1, is it deliberate that the icon that appears during Background Tasks (such as exporting a PDF) has been removed in this update? It was useful to have a clear indicator that this was taking place, and its removal seems to take away a feature for no benefit? You can still open the Background Tasks panel manually, but it's an inconvenience to have to do so to check to see if the PDF is ready yet.

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

It may have been moved in InDesign 15.1. I don't remember where it was seen. See the illustration below, I'm using the Auto-activate Adobe Fonts feature and there is where I see it:

BackgroundTask.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched this discussion to its own thread from a thread on an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may have been moved in InDesign 15.1. I don't remember where it was seen. See the illustration below, I'm using the Auto-activate Adobe Fonts feature and there is where I see it:

BackgroundTask.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, you're right! Thank you so much. I guess I would have spotted it eventually, but on a large screen it's now a long way away from the menus and panels so it might have taken me a while to do so. It used to be at the top-left, just after the menus, so it was much harder to miss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines